- Describe what you are trying to achieve and what action you expect to take as result of this decision.
- Why is this decision important?
- What do you expect the outcome to be if you make the right decision?
- Describe the current situation and factors that you think are important for this decision.
- What arguments can you think of for and against this particular decision?
- What are the main variables/factors that govern the situation?
- To what parameters is the outcome of this decision most sensitive too?
- What factors make it difficult to decide?
- What could influence the outcome of this decision in unpredictable or hard to predict way?
- What do you wish you knew that would make this decision easier?
- What aspects are not clear?
- What do you assume is true when thinking about this decision?
- What assumptions does this decision rely on?
- Which assumptions, if reversed will make you change your mind on this decision?
- Describe what can happen in the future. Consider full range of possible outcomes, no matter how unlikely.
- What is the worst-case scenario and why that’s ok?
- What is the potential upside beyond core thesis?
- Any aditional emotional or mental states not listed below
- If you are updating your estimate what new information or argument made you change your mind?
- What action are you taking as result of this estimate?
- If you are updating your estimate what corrective action (if any) are you taking?